To enrich the cultural diversity and artistic excellence in the state of Missouri and across the Greater United States of America by preserving, propagating Indian Performing arts through teaching, training and performances
Soorya performing arts is a 501 (c) (3) organization registered in Missouri state.
In order to carry out or mission, Soorya shall:
- Provide high quality training and teaching of classical and folk performing art forms such as dance, music and theater from India.
- Organize high quality professional and amateur dance, music, folk, and drama performances from India.
- Arrange training and cross-artistic performances through residencies in schools and colleges in the city and rural areas.
- Arrange festivals, seminars, workshops and demonstrations for better enjoyment and appreciation of South Asian Performing Art form
- Create innovative dance, music and theater productions in co-operation with local, state and national companies.
- Award recognition to those served in performing arts.
- Establish dance competitions and provide rewards/recognition for the excellence.
- Work with learning disability and mentally handicapped children and provide them an enjoyment of dance and music.
- Establish student scholarships and internships to foster learning of arts among young generation.